Thursday, July 14, 2016

MÄR : Forgotten Anime 4?

Hey guys! Davius here and I am back this week with another forgotten anime. I have really enjoyed this series because its bringing me back to some of my favorite animes. This week I am back with a anime that even i myself loved but forgot, and that anime is MÄR. I bet a lot of you haven't heard that name in a long time so I am here to bring it back. Lets get started.

I remember when when MAR first premiered on Toonami, I had just been watching anime probably not even a year so i was watching anything i could find. A few episodes in and I was already hooked just based off of the comedy in the show. Sadly the show did not last long on Toonami( from what I remember) and that was basically the end of any mention of MAR in the states. 


I have never understood why MAR never took off more in the states, I thought it had a good combo of comedy and action, in a odd way it kind of reminds me of Seven Deadly Sins. I think it just came at a time in Toonami where the lineup was not the strongest and MAR was a case of them trying to refresh the block. 


Until doing this post i did not realize MAR was out from 2005 until 2007 with 102 episodes. Over those 3 years there was more than enough popular anime that it was easy for MAR to get pushed to the back. There were shows like Full Metal Panic, Black Lagoon, Death Note, Code Geass, D. Grey-Man, and even Lucky Star. 


To wrap this up, I would say MAR is that anime that never was, it had a pretty solid but done before plot and really good characters but it just never got the push it deserved and it kinda faded away here in the states. I don't know if it will ever get another chance here but I would love to see it get another shot.


Alright that was it. I hope you guys enjoyed and maybe you will check out MAR. As always thanks you for reading and until next time


MAHO OUT!


2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of another underrated anime from way back. Looking at the image, even the style of the anime looks a little old. But as far as I can remember, this is a good anime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, its one of those older animes that i hope people go back and watch.

      Delete