Thursday, February 2, 2017

demon city shinjuku Review

Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great week. Work has been slow and I have gotten most of my homework done so im back with a OVA review for you guys. As most of you probably know we do review our fair share of classic anime here and today is no different. The anime I will be reviewing today is from 1988 and it is  Demon City Shinjuku.

Where do I start when talking about Demon City, I will say out of all the 80's anime that I have seen this isnt the worst but its not great either. The first thing I will point out is the one character that you only meet once, she works at this restaurant and threw-out this whole movie with all the fighting and everything she just seems to disappear lol Im going to try and sum this up: The plot is basically demons take over, the president who has a Japanese name but apparently has never been to japan gets attacked and they have to save him.



Now this anime is very 80's from the dub voices which consist or a southern voice, a British voice, and a Mexican accent. I will admit tho the character with the Mexican accent was my favorite. This anime doesnt take itself to serious which is good because it does have some decent fight scenes but the story is a little flawed at times. One of my favorite scenes is when they go to pay this old lady and she takes off with the money.  The anime is cheesy for sure, a bit over complicated but in all it is fun to watch although the ending is anticlimactic to say the least.


Well that is my review. Overall I would have to give it a 5/10, its not terrible but its could have been alot better. If you want to check it out i do know its on youtube and also on kissanime and it is dubbed. Thanks for reading!


MAHO OUT!



No comments:

Post a Comment