Sunday, December 24, 2017

Baccano! Anime Review

Hey guys! I hope you all are having a great holiday so far and hopefully enjoying some anime. As some of you may know, every year The Reverse Thieves Podcast does a secret santa type thing where bloggers recommend animes to each other and we watch and then review said anime. This is my third time participating in the secret santa event and since I dont celebrate Christmas this has turned into my own holiday tradition lol. This year's recommendation was a anime that I had wanted to watch but never got around to, I always heard alot of great things about it so I was really looking forward to watching it and this review is the result. Before I continue I want to say thanks for whoever recommended the anime Baccano! to me. Now on to the review!

Baccano....Baccano, where do I start with this show, if you have been a anime fan for at least 5 years then it is likely that you have heard of the anime Baccano and if you are like me then you have also heard that the anime is also pretty amazing. Well sorry to say but I found Baccano to be alot of things but awesome was not one of them.

The best way to describe Baccano would be to say that it is half 91 days and half durarara and on paper that sounds like a good mashup but it doesnt come across as well as expected. To start on a positive note I will say that this anime is just a ball of random violence and fun, and yes those two do not usually go together but in this anime these two aspects, especially the violence definitely stands out....ALOT! The main problem that I had threw-out watching this show was that the plot never seemed to have a single clear direction, there was at least 4 to 5 plot lines that go in so many directions that by the time they finally wrapped up I had lost interest in them.

If I had to pick a favorite plot line, I would have to say that the alchemy plot was my favorite mainly because it was weird yet cool to watch Quates just suck the soul out of people with his hand lol. By far my favorite characters would have to be Issac and Miria and I enjoyed them because they added some much needed light hearted comedy to a show that is about 90% blood and guns.

Overall, as a show that I was excited to watch, I was a little disappointed that it did not live up to the hype, and I felt that they attempted to do to much with this anime and it all got jumbled and it didnt come out well. I can not say that I regret watching Baccano though because if nothing else it was fun to just watch mindless violence from characters that thrived on it and really enjoyed the act of killing. As a fan of Durarara I do recommend you watch it but if you dont like Durarara I dont think you will like Baccano.

Well thats it for my review, again thanks for the recommendation and hope the rest of you guys have a great holiday.

MAHO OUT!






No comments:

Post a Comment